Russian traditional dance, song, and music ensemble Barynya presented 45 minute program of Russian, Siberian, Gypsy Roma, Ukrainian, Jewish songs, music and dances at the Rohrerstown Elementary School in Lancaster, Pennsylvania. Exact address: Rohrerstown Elementary School, 2200 Noll Dr, Lancaster, PA 17603. Cast of performers: Leonid Bruk (contrabass-balalaika), Elina Karokhina (balalaika, dancing, costumed characters), Mikhail Smirnov (guitar, garmoshka, vocals, costumed charachters).
The program of performance:
01. Siberian Nanai Fighters Wrestling dance (Борьба нанайских мальчиков),
02. Russian folk song "Kalinka" (Калинка),
03. Russian folk song and dance "Metelitsa" (The Snowstorm - Метелица),
04. Balalaika introduction solo "Husband" (Как заставил меня муж парну банюшку топить),
05. Balalaika-contrabass introduction solo Medley,
06. Russian Tongue Twisters "Skorogovorkee",
07. Jewish dance with Candle "Evreiskaia Svad'ba",
08. Russian folk song "The Peddler" (Коробейники),
09. Gypsy Russian Roma song and dance "Dark Eyes" (Очи Черные),
10. World Music Balalaika Medley,
11. Cossack marching song "Beyond The Don River" (Как за Доном, за рекой)
12. Russian folk dance workshop,
13. Russian Balalaika Medley "The Moon is Shining Brightly", "Sailors Dance"
14. Russian Bear Dance
Established in 1991, ensemble Barynya presents Russian, Cossack and Jewish traditional dancing and music on instruments including the balalaika, balalaika contrabass, guitar and garmoshka. Barynya has been invited to perform at some of the most prestigious cultural venues in the U.S., including Carnegie Hall, the Smithsonian, the United Nations and the Russian Embassy in Washington, D.C.
Ensemble Barynya is available for hire for the performing art centers, school assemblies, festivals, colleges, libraries, concert halls, restaurants, private and corporate events as one powerful ensemble or in smaller groups.