Newbury, MA, Massachusetts. Russian, Cossack, Gypsy Roma, Jewish music, dances, songs, balalaika, garmoshka, multicultural school assembly program
Trio Barynya presented 45 min school assembly program of Russian, Siberian, Tsygansky Gypsy Roma, Jewish dances, songs and music at the Newbury Elementary School. Exact address: Newbury Elementary School, 63 Hanover Street, Newbury, MA 01951.
The program of performance: 01. Siberian Nanai Fighters Wrestling dance (Борьба нанайских мальчиков),
02. Russian accordion-garmoshka introduction. Russian folk song "Kalinka" (Калинка),
03. Russian folk dance "Barynya" (Барыня),
04. Russian folk song and dance "Metelitsa" (The Snowstorm - Метелица),
05. Balalaika introduction. Russian song "Kamarinskaiaya" (Камаринская),
06. Russian Sailor's traditional song "Wide Song" (Раскинулось море широко),
07. Russian Sailor's traditional dance "Yablochko" (Яблочко),
08. Russian Tongue-Twisters "Skorogovorkee" (Скороговорки),
09. Jewish dance with Candle "Evreiskaia Svad'ba" (Танец со свечкой),
10. World Music Balalaika Medley (Поппури),
11. Jewish wedding traditional "Bottle Dance" (Танец с бутылкой),
12. Russian percussian Orchestra with students
13. Russian Alphabet Lesson,
14. Russian Dance Workshop,
15. Balalaika instrumental "Chardash" (Чардаш),
16. Russian Bear Dance.
Established in 1991, ensemble Barynya presents Russian, Cossack and Jewish traditional dancing and music on instruments including the balalaika, balalaika contrabass, guitar and garmoshka. Barynya has been invited to perform at some of the most prestigious cultural venues in the U.S., including Carnegie Hall, the Smithsonian, the United Nations and the Russian Embassy in Washington, D.C.
July 30th, 2020, virtual performance for the Stoughton Public Library, Stoughton, Massachusetts
On Thursday, July 30th, 2020 starting at 2pm ensemble Barynya presented one hour concert for the Stoughton Public Library, 84 Park St., Stoughton, MA 02072. Phone: 781-344-2711. The program was titled "BARYNYA. From Russia With Love. Music, songs, and dances of old Russia".